Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A little all over the place

I am almost all done with my post testing. I have completed my fitness test and my dexa scan. All I have left is my blood test and I can't stop doing the diet or the exercise plan till the blood draw is complete. Once they have compiled all the info they will mail it to me or I can arrange an appointment to go over my results. I am pretty excited to find out how much my body changed other then how I look or what the scale tells me. The scale tells me I lost 6 pound. Yep through out this entire experience I only lost 6 pounds. I have a range of feelings about these 6 pounds but ultimately I am glad for what I was able to do.

Really I just lost all the rest of the "new" fat. The fat that I put on more recently with in the last 5-8 years. Now it is time to work on the "old" fat. This fat has been around since puberty. I have 10 pounds to loose to get to that ever famed high school weight. Why do we do that? Why is what I weighed at 18 supposed to be my goal now? When I did my post nutritional appointment the SS asked me what I plan to do. I told her I want to loose 10 more pounds for sure which I think is very doable and will be a good weight for me. She said that while loosing 10 more pounds would be good it would be even better to loose 15 pounds. What I wanted to hear was how well I did, it was such hard work, blah, blah, blah. But what I got was drop an other 15 pounds. Needles to say I didn't appreciate it but ok, it is the truth.

But, no, really? I NEED to loose an other 15 pounds? What if I like how I look now and am happy here? Honestly I am excited to do boot camp and see how I look in an other 4 weeks but what is the matter with how I look now? I think I look pretty darn good! I don't need some 125 pound college girl telling me I should loose 15 pounds, I just don't.

I am excited however, because the scale looks like it is going down again after being quite stuck. I have also suddenly been hungry again which tells me I am about to loose weight again. I am still following my eating plan which has plenty of food in it so don't worry I'm not starving.

Sorry for all the randomness but I have been feeling a little all over the place in case you couldn't tell.

No comments: