Monday, May 31, 2010

Jessica, Where have you been?

I know I know I know. I haven't blogged in about a month. I typically write at night after the kids go to bed but with boot camp I had to go to bed early in order to make in up by 5 or 5:30. How was boot camp you ask? Intinse! I haven't worked that hard in like, ever. I apreciate what I am now capable of and that I was able to push myself that hard. Honestly I feel I could go even harder still. I made great gains phyicicaly, I didn't loose a single pound but I did loose inches and tone up quite a bit. Hello size 10 jeans and size 8 dress!!

I was even running, RUNNING! It used to be that I would have to stop running because I just couldn't breath but now I have to stop because my muscles are tired but I can breath. Uhm, running. In high school I picked two sports, cheerleading and golf, both of which didn't require running. Honestly running scared me and I never thought I would be able to but I did always carry a desire to be a runner. I would admire people who ran, they looked so free, fit and energized. I longed to be a runner but was always afraid to try. Well ladies, I am running. Am I a runner? I don't know but I do enjoy jogging and I have been going on longer and longer runs each time. I am feeling the freedom and that runners high you hear real runners talking about. Yeh, I'm excited.

So what to do now? I would love to do boot camp again but it is spendy and I can't justify it. Seriously I can run around town for free. I am hoping I have gained enough discipline, knowledge, and stamina to keep going all on my own. Can I run and do the other work outs that we were doing in boot camp? My brain says, "yes silly, it is easy." My lazy side says, "no, of course not, you need somebody to make you." Do I or have I turned a new leaf and am now able to push myself just for me? I know I can push my self just for me.

Also, please send me any ideas, tricks, or tips to help me keep going. I am of course still a little chubby, a battle I hope to conquer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can do it!! Hey, wait a minute...you ARE doing it!!! Way to go, you are an inspiration. It's the keeping it up, month after month and adjusting to whatever life and the weather gives you that makes the difference in the long run...run because it feels just right sometimes, and run because it will feel just right again even when it doesn't sometimes. It's the consistancy that makes the difference and changes everything!!

PAC